WELCOME to the Matson group website. We develop new small molecules and materials for biology, medicine, and sustainability using techniques and tools from organic chemistry, polymer chemistry, and supramolecular chemistry. Our research group is interdisciplinary, using chemistry to answer biological questions, discover potential new therapeutics, explore new polymer topologies, and design sustainable materials for a broad variety of applications. Current areas of focus include:
- New compounds and materials for gasotransmitter delivery, focused on H2S and COS
- Photo- and biodegradable polymer synthesis
- Peptide-based responsive materials
- New methods for synthesis of bottlebrush polymers
- Novel covalent nanostructures with anisotropic shapes
For a tour of our labs, check out our 2020 graduate recruiting video here!